Date of last update: 6TH November 2017
West Berkshire Brewery (referred to as “we” or “us”) takes the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. This policy sets out how we will process any personal data we collect from you, or you give us. Please read it carefully. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of www.wbbrew.co.uk (“our site”) is West Berkshire Brewery PLC, registered in England and Wales under company number 03667842, registered office 8th Floor South, Reading Bridge House, George Street, Reading, RG1 8LS
By visiting our site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email, post or otherwise. This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you place an order, register for email alerts, request literature, sign-up for newsletters or enter a prize draw, promotion or survey, details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders or if you contact us with any problems about our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and other contact information, as well as other personal information. Information we collect about you. When you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, your geographic location, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the source of your visit, the full click path through our site (including date and time); services you viewed, searches made on our site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as page scrolling, mouse clicks, mouse movements and keyed text), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us. This information may be collected using a website recording service.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• to provide you with any services and/or information you request from us (which includes carrying out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us);
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to provide you with information by post, email, telephone or otherwise about products and services of a similar nature to those you have previously purchased or expressed an interest in;
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, load management, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of content we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant content to you;
• to obtain your feedback on a product, service or our site via a third party appointed by us;
• to deliver targeted advertisements to you and others as you browse the internet;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so; and
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent and detect money laundering, financial crime and other crime.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us by phone, post or email using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. You can also unsubscribe from emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every unsolicited marketing email
We may share the personal data we hold about you to enable us to better understand and serve your needs. Your personal data may also be used for customer modelling, statistical and trend analysis, with the aim of developing and improving our products and services.
We will never sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. However, we may share your information with selected third parties including:
• our partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to enforce or apply our Statutory disclosures or any other agreement or to protect the rights, property or safety of our site, our users or others;
• governmental or judicial bodies or agencies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• fraud prevention agencies, other companies and organisations to prevent or detect financial and other crime;
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve adverts about our services to you and others. It will only be passed to third party advertisers in order to provide services on our behalf;
• data, service and software providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
The internet is an open medium and we cannot guarantee any information you send to us by email or via our site will not be intercepted or tampered with; any transmission is at your own risk.
To help protect your personal data and minimise the risk of it being intercepted by unauthorised third parties our secure servers employ Secure Socket Layer v3 (SSL) or Transport Layer Security v1 (TLS) encryption when you submit information to us through our sites. This security is signified by the “https” and the padlock on the URL bar. Some older browsers do not allow the use of current SSL technology and we therefore recommend that you use an up to date browser, and we reserve the right to restrict the use of our online services if you
are using an out of date browser.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications, such as the Twitter widget. These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of our site. Any personal information you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.
Please check the privacy policies of these third parties before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
Our site may occasionally contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of this information you may contact us by email, telephone on 01635202968 or you may write to us at The Old Dairy, Yattendon, Berkshire, RG18 0XT if any of the information we hold is inaccurate, you can ask us to make any necessary amendments.
If you have any queries regarding privacy issues, you can email us, write to us at The Old Dairy, Yattendon, Berkshire RG18 0XT email email@example.com or call 01635 767090